The Ginger Turner ensemble Competition was recently created by the IWBC Board of Directors, and will occur for the first time at the next IWBC Conference. The current requirements of the competition include the following:
- Open to all ages
- Only like instrument ensembles may participate
- Ensembles should have three or more members
- Selected ensembles will perform a prelude to a concert, master class or recital
- Selected ensembles from the preliminary round will advance and compete for a grand prize.
- All competition participants will receive a reduction in conference fees.
Competition winners will receive prize money which is fundraised in conjunction with the Holiday Brass Concerts that occur annually in St. Louis, MO and Baltimore, MD.
“For IWBC 2017 Competition details, click here.