IWBC & Rising Tide Music Press are proud to partner and launch a new composition competition for early career composers!
- Publishing contract with Rising Tide Music Press, a non-exclusive, not-for-profit publishing company that provides a platform to promote and sell works of BBIA composers while ensuring that you receive 100% of your listing price
- Free registration for the International Women’s Brass Conference in Denton, Texas in May 2022
- A seat on the featured composer’s panel at the IWBC 2022 conference
- Additional promotional features including an interview and spotlight on IWBC’s social media and website
- A professional recording of your piece made during the 2022 conference by one of our featured guest artist ensembles
- Multiple prize winners may be selected
- Applicants must identify as Black/African Descent, Brown/Latinx, Indigenous and/or Asian (BBIA). This competition is not exclusive to female composers and is open to all. Applicants may have no more than 10 years of professional credits as a composer or arranger. Works must be “free and clear” to be included and may be at any stage of promotion including previously published and premiered works as long as the composer maintains rights to the work.
- Compositions must be for brass ensemble (instrumentation is flexible, email email@example.com with questions) and can be any length.
- Deadline for submission: March 1, 2022, there is no fee to submit
- Submit works using the form below.