IWBC Host Application & information
Thank you for your interest in hosting an IWBC Conference! This page contains the application form in addition to more information about venue requirements. If you have any questions or are interested in being considered for a year other than the current opening, please feel free to reach out to us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 concert hall with capacity of at least 750 (typically used for featured evening concerts)
- 2 concert halls/spaces, each with a capacity of at least 250 to hold
- Lectures/presentations/recitals (must have pianos available and audio/visual equipment as well).
- 2 rehearsal spaces to accommodate rehearsals of the larger ensembles (Monarch, Athena, jazz group, community groups – sometimes in use at the same time).
- 10 spaces with pianos for competitions – all running simultaneously – these do not need to be performance halls.
- Large space (equivalent to roughly 5 classrooms) to host exhibitors – a combination of classrooms and hallway space is acceptable – best if the exhibitor space is located in the same building as the bulk of events.
- 200 dorm rooms available during and leading up to the conference – these may be in multiple buildings.
- A hotel within a 10 minute drive
- Handicap accessibility for all performance venues.
- Parking capacity within range of conference spaces for approximately 250 cars.
- Availability to host event ranging from mid-May to mid-June, preferably the Monday-Saturday preceding Memorial Day.
- Located not more than an hour from a major airport.
Thank you for your interest in hosting the International Women’s Brass Conference. Our conferences are typically held biannually. If you have questions or concerns about any of the application material, please contact our Committee Co-Chairs:
Amy Cherry – email@example.com
Jan Duga – firstname.lastname@example.org
To download a word document containing the application, CLICK HERE.